National Reconciliation Week 2022 Events
National Reconciliation Week is all about your events!
This year workplaces, schools, early learning services, community groups, reconciliation groups, and people right across the country hosted a whole range of activities.
Search below to see what happened across the country during National Reconciliation Week 2022.
You can still add your own event to this calendar.
Please note: the events posted below are not the responsibility of Reconciliation Australia. If you have any questions regarding an event, please contact the organisers.
- This event has passed.
Australia’s (in)justice system and the Intervention
May 31 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm AEST
Next week Tuesday, 31 May, 7pm AEST, please join Amnesty’s Redfern Action Group free online forum about Australia’s (in)justice system and the Intervention to mark National Reconciliation Week.
- Ned Jampijinpa Hargraves, Senior Warlpiri Elder from Yuendumu
- Olga Havnen, Western Arrernte woman from central Australia, former CEO of Danila Dilba Health Service
- Yingiya Mark Guyula MLA – A Liya Dhalinymirr leader of the Djambarrpuyngu people
- Maggie Munn, Gunggari activist, Amnesty’s Indigenous Rights Campaigner, AIA
- Barbara Rachael Shaw, Kaytetye-Arrernte and Warlpiri-Warramungu woman, Mount Nancy Town Camp, Mparntwe
- Paddy Gibson, Senior Researcher, Jumbunna Institute, UTS
- Ms Rikki Dank/Lhudi Noralima – Traditional Owner from Gudanji and Wakaya Nations
This forum will be an opportunity to hear from First Nations speakers of the NT, evaluate the impact of laws which affect them and their children and share their wisdom and understanding of the solutions which will respect their human rights.